Saturday, February 14, 2009

Small Talk Six!



Hey guess what! Momdot is hosting a new meme that I think will be totally fun!
It's called Small Talk Six & it's super easy to play along!All you need to do is grab one of the graphics below for your “Small Talk Six” posts and your sidebar. Then make a short (or an elaborate) post on your blog in response to the assigned topic of the week (see list below). When your post is live, come leave your direct link on Mr. Linky and then go see how the other participants responded on their blogs.You can respond to each topic with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 sentences, 6 paragraphs, or 6 photos. Get the idea?
Today’s topic is the “6 most romantic or unromantic things that have ever happened to you.” You can answer this with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 sentences, 6 paragraphs, 6 photos, 6 videos, etc . . .

Here are my six . . .
ROMANTIC
1. Valentine's Surprises- Tim said last year I came home from work & gushed about the gifts the other teachers got. So, he couldn't be outdone this year! He hired a quartet come to my classroom and sing a beautiful love song to me. They also gave me a custom card he picked out & 2 long stem roses! They played it over the intercom so the office staff could here it & all of my students were in the room. (There will be more about it in my Sunday Update!)
2. Valentine's Day Dessert-When I got home around 7:30 from shopping with Amanda, Tim had fixed a delicious dessert for me. What was it, you ask? Let's see...he had the chocolate fountain up and running, strawberries, angel food cake, Oreos, and graham crackers all laid out in a delicious spread!
3. When Tim proposed to me. He asked my Dad for his blessing and then my Dad suggested when & how Tim propose. He went along with it, to please my Dad and me too! He proposed at my graduation (from college) party in front of all of my closest friends & my extended family! (I had family in from Pennsylvania for the party!)
UNROMANTIC
4. When the dog gets on the bed & watches. (Do I need to explain this?)
5. Stopping to turn off the darn alarm clock!
6. Lunch at P.F. Chang's on my birthday, soaking wet from head to toe, after wrecking my car. Read about it, here.
Alrightie then, it's your turn. Head on over to Momdot & play Small Talk Six!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...he hired a quartet. That's so romantic! And Stephanie, it's ok to shut the door with the dogs on the other side sometimes.

Upstatemamma said...

I think I would have died from embarrassment if Hubby sent a quartet to sing to me in front of everyone. But still it was very sweet!!! Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

If I double post sorry. I got error message for first one.

Tim sounds like one of a kind. It's romantic that he tries so hard to make moments special for you. Happy Valentine's Day!

Staci A said...

What a sweet romantic list-love the dessert idea!

evelester @ gmail.com said...

Love it! The dog watching would creep me out! LOL But I am scared of dogs!

Shannon said...

ROFL at number 4. Haha. What a romantic hubby. A quartet, wow! You are blessed! Happy Valentine's Day!

Karen Coutu said...

Your husband needs to teach my husband a few things!!

LOL@ the dog. Well, at least he doesn't try to stick his nose where it doesn't belong. ;P

Karen of the MomDot Street Team
www.MomDot.com

Kimberly @ AllAboutKimberly said...

Oh my gosh! I'm a teacher and can't imagine such a Valentine's presentation. How sweet!!!

Jess NBP said...

LOL @ the dog, we shut the door this morning so she wouldn't lay on her bean bag chair. hahaha.

Gena said...

Why do dogs get so nosy when it's that time!

Sandra said...

Wow!!! A quartet!!!

That is realllly something!

Here from MomDot!