Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pregnancy Symptoms that I adore

Well, I took my first sick day. I woke up about 4:30 am, with a God awful cramp in my stomach/lower back. After just a tiny bit of wiggling, I was able to decide that it was gas. Ugh. Yuck. I tried going to the bathroom, with no luck. So, I spent the next hour and a half miserable. At 6:00 am, I called Subfinder. There was no way I was going to work in that kind of pain. At 7:30 I got up, checked Subfinder, and then called the school to let them know I wasn't coming in, even though nobody had picked up the job. Oh well. It's not my responsibility.

So, almost as soon as I got off the phone, I ran to the bathroom, passed a TON of gas, and then got the liqui-poo. How grand. My doctor doesn't open until 8:30, so I can't ask about Gas-X or Immodium. Fun. I will defintely ask and then make a note. Actually, I think I'll start a FmyI post with the drugs my doc will allow me to take.

So, even though being gassy & then having the runs really does suck. I'll take it. Because it means the baby is okay.

I also have excruciating breast/nipple pain. Like agonizing. But, I'll take it.

I've also been running to the toilet about every hour. Which as a school teacher, bites. I have to choose between holding it until I can find someone to cover for me or leaving my kids alone. (2 of my 16 kids are suspended today, for fighting on the bus yesterday, good times)

Finally, I've woken up each day since at least Saturday with a headache. Not a migraine, but just a headache. Tylenol helps it, but so does eating. I think I might be a touch dehydrated over night. I'm going to get more bottled water today & try keeping some in the bedroom. (I'm getting up at least 2x a night to pee ALREADY!)

Tim says it's all in my head. But I don't think so. The other women on my Nov. due date board are all experiencing similar things.

Oh well. I can't wait to hear the results of the beta later on today!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Drink water for those headaches! I noticed the cramps and headaches got better with water. Good luck!

=)

Gloria said...

Steph, water will definitely help... but be prepared. I've been running to pee like every hour on the hour, whether I drink water/liquids or not! But its a good thing.

:0)