Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Challenge: Week 4 "Shock and Awe"


The Challenge Week 4: Mandy, you might not want to read this one!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Scroll down to continue reading.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


Well, it's Week 4 of the Challenge. I'm still in & I'm exited about this month, since I am hopeful we will get our pregnancy blessing this month! This week's challenge is especially close to home, since Tim and I have been discussing it the last couple days. He wants me to initiate and take charge more often & well, I just don't want to & can't get into it. I guess it's a mind-over-matter thing and I need to get over it & TRY. So, here goes.


From Diaper Diaries:

I don’t know if you have told your hubby about the challenge or not. Maybe he hasn’t noticed suddenly the bedroom has been rearranged. I hope he noticed the new undergarments (if not, you probably need to think sexier). But if he hasn’t noticed yet, I hope he notices this week. This week’s challenge is all about the element of surprise. So hubbies, avert your eyes.
If your sex life is like most housewives I talk to, evenings look like this: Do some cleaning up, organizing, miscellaneous things you couldn’t accomplish with kids around. Watch a little TV, surf the internet. Finally get to bed about 1/2 hour past exhausted. Head hits the pillow only to feel a little tap on the shoulder (or worse). You roll over and groan as you see “the look” in his eyes. The words, “I’m so tired” or “It’s so late” or even “You must be kidding me?” might be uttered. Sound familiar?
How about instead of the above scenario, you take command of the evening. Put the kids to bed and tell the hubby you need him to come do some made up chore in the bedroom (hang curtains, fix the dresser knob, fold socks, whatever). When he enters, you pounce. Hubbies get really tired of asking and getting shot down. It is a serious blow to his self esteem and self worth. So, this week, you initiate. He may fall over from the surprise, but then you will have him on his back, right where you want him. I can’t wait to hear how it goes.
So, I'm looking forward to it & I'm going to definitely give it a try. If you want to join in, just click over to Diaper Diaries, grab the button, and then start with Week 1! Good Luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! My hubby reads my blog so he'd be like...I know exactly what you're up to here. You have the element of surprise because Tim doesn't read yours!

Lyssa Beth said...

Just responding from Twilightations. I don't have a bookmark. I just received the information today and posted it. I am not sure if the grandmother evens knows how do to paypal! BUt that's a good point! I'll have to pass that along. Thanks!