Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Challenge! Week 3


Mandy, this is one of those posts you might not want to read!

(scroll down to continue reading)

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.













Well, let's see. I skipped the challenge last week, because it required you to toss your grannie panties & wear sexy underwear. OR better yet, to go out and buy new sexy undies and well our budget just doesn't allow for that. Since I couldn't really participate in that challenge I didn't blog it either. This week's challenge is especially true for me.

First, here's a description from The Diaper Diaries:


If you are new to The Challenge, please start here first.

Last weeks challenge was a good reminder about how much of a factor self image is in our marital sex lives. Let’s just admit that there isn’t a whole lot sexy about the post baby body. A flabby tummy, stretch marks, saggy boobs, the list goes on. And I don’t care how skinny, well endowed, stretch mark free you are, most women have a laundry list of things they don’t like about their naked body.
I once heard a speaker at a marital conference say, “When wives are naked they are thinking, ‘Oh my gosh, I am so fat (flat, ugly, flabby, etc).’, while their husbands are thinking, ‘Holy cow my wife is naked and I get to have sex!’”
Seriously ladies we need to cut ourselves some slack and give our hubbies some credit. I will admit I am shocked sometimes that my hubby still finds me sexy, but for some reason he does. I would bet a large amount of cash that your hubby does also (wait, find you attractive, not me…that would be very wrong). Do you know what a blessing that is? Are you taking it for granted?
So this week’s challenge, I will admit may be difficult for many of us. Your first two weeks were pretty easy though so let’s step it up a bit. Ready? Have sex with the lights on. Most women I know typically prefer it to be so dark they can’t even see their hand in front their face, but men are visual creatures. They were created by God to be that way. So let’s put aside our own insecurities and enjoy our husband’s enjoyment of us.
Now this doesn’t have to mean harsh fluorescent spotlights, you can use a dimmer. But the key is, he needs to be able to see you. No hiding under the covers ladies. And be kind to yourself. If you are hating yourself, you are going to have a hard time enjoying yourself. Jennifer Aniston on the cover of GQ is a bunch of airbrushed hooey. That is not a standard I intend to hold myself to and I don’t think your hubby does either. Get your “I am super sexy” mindset on and have fun with this.
Check back next Monday for your weekly challenge. Are you in?


Ok, so for me, this is VERY difficult. Not having the lights on, that's a matter of convenience really. If they're on, they stay on, if they're off they generally stay off. Today, Tim asked me to get up and turn them on, and I did. He wanted to be able to see me & actually told me & complimented me while he was at it. Which is nice, but I still felt fat. I really felt fat when he also told me WHERE & HOW he wanted me. OMG...really fat. I kept saying "Am I squishing you? Can you breath?" It really couldn't have been pretty. In my head, I see a beached whale trying to get back into the water. Um, yea, moving away from that visual.
I have serious issues with my self image. I hate the way I look in all of my clothing & I rarely feel "sexy." That's why I'm participating in Think Thin Thursdays and really trying to lose weight. So far, I've lost 1 lb. and I'm holding steady at 193. Small steps. Hopefully, my Wii Fit will help me with my weight, flexability, and strength and I'll be a little more adventurous in the bedroom!

So, anyway, I'm in, I'll try this week! I really will!

Good luck ladies, go get 'em!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for the link, I love your perspective on things. This is really a mental war we need to win so we can be free to enjoy ourselves. It's a tough one for me too.

Natalie said...

lol. i love reading your thoughts and am laughing because i have often felt like a beached whale trying to get back into the water!!! agh. the battle with self image. i am down over 70 lbs and my self image has only improved a little.

glad i found your blog.