Monday, December 1, 2008

Chemical Pregnancy

Well folks, it's confirmed.



I have just experienced a chemical pregnancy. Basically that means that I WAS pregnant, but that the hormones in my body didn't support the pregnancy & I miscarried.


The plan is:

A. wait for bloodwork to come back tomorrow
B. take December off of the baby making. (no 9/09/09 baby for me!)
C. Chart only my temps & try to be "stress free"
D. If I ovulate NATURALLY then we will TRY TRY TRY. If I don't, I'll wait & see what happens period wise. If I get a period, yay! If not, oh well. I'll go a month & then call Dr. Morgan & have him give me provera to start my period, so that I can move onto another round of Clomid.
E. If I ovulate naturally, then we have to decide whether or not we want to continue to use Clomid (just for added assurance that I will O or to regulate my cycle) or go at it on our own w/o the Clomid.





Becuase I WAS pregnant, we know that:
A. my tubes are open (or at least 1 of them is)
B. Tim's sperm can do the job
C. I am indeed ovulating thanks to the Clomid
D. Tim and I are able to time intercourse correctly
E. The only tests we may still need to do are hormonal!



Here's some info on chemical pregnancies, C & Ped from Babyhopes.com



What Is A Chemical Pregnancy?
A chemical pregnancy is the clinical term used for a very early miscarriage. In many cases, the positive pregnancy test was achieved before the woman’s period was due but a miscarrige occured before a heartbeat was able to be seen on an ultrasound.
With the ultra sensitive pregnancy tests on the market today, it is easier than ever to get a positive result 3 or 4 days before your period is due. It is wonderful for those who NEED to know, but does have it’s down side. Early testing shows chemical pregnancies which would not have been detected had the woman waited for her period to arrive.
Chemical pregnancies are unfortunately very common. 50 to 60% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage very early in pregnancy. Most occur without the woman even knowing that she was pregnant.
What Causes a Chemical Pregnancy?
Most chemical pregnancies are due to chromosomal problems in the developing fetus. Other possible causes are inadequate uterine lining, uterine abnormalities both congenital or acquired like fibroids, low hormone levels, luteal phase defect or certain infections.
How can I Prevent Chemical Pregnancies?
Most chemical pregnancies can not be prevented. If you have recurring chemical pregnancies, your doctor should be able to investigate and help you formulate a treatment which is best for you. Potential treatments include vitamin B6 (at least 50mg a day), progesterone cream, and baby asprin. Be sure to discuss potential treatments with your doctor.



And here's a balloon for my little lost poppy seed:

No comments: