Friday, August 7, 2009

Politics

OK, so I suck at paying attention to the news & media & all things political. But, my mom & dad, being retired, are good at reminding me that there are things going on in the world today, that I NEED to take part in because they can and do effect me & my family.

The first step in paying attention to politics is knowing who you are represented by (well and voting, if you don't vote, shame on you, go get registered!)

http://www.congress.org/ is a great webpage that can provide you EASILY with this information!

For Tim & I, we are represented by:

President Obama (D)
Senator Jim Webb (D)
Senator Mark Warner (D)
U.S. Representative Randy Forbes (R)

VA Governor Tim Kaine (D) ---Soon to be replaced by Bob McDonnell, who I actually KNEW!
VA Senator L. Louise Lucas (D)
VA Senator Lionell Spruill (D)

This is going to be my handy-dandy reference page, where I can keep all those links at my fingertips!

Obviously, the biggest issue being discussed right now is "health care/insurance reform" otherwise known as "Obama Care". I have to do some research, but I trust my parents' opinions, so I'm pretty sure that whatever's cooking, I'm not going to be for it.

Anyway, I've got to get going for today, but if you have any helpful webpages that I might benefit from reading, please feel free to comment.

No comments: