Thursday, March 5, 2009

Notes from My Day

I'm so happy! I got my beta results today! (at 8:40, because I couldn't stand to wait any longer!) My hCG measured at 1742 mIU/mL. Wahoo! Yay! Yippee! I used an online calculator and it appears to be doubling every 38 hours! That's GREAT!

If it keeps up this pace, I should be able to get an ultrasound by next Wednesday (when I am 6 weeks)! Yahoo! On Wednesday at 4 pm, it should be 27,872. They said he wouldn't do an ultrasound until it was over 15,000.

If it slows down to every 48 hours, I'd still be there by Thursday! Yay! I'm so excited. I should be able to get an ultrasound at 6 weeks, then! Yay! I'm hoping he can see the baby's heartbeat!

Oh my these children are going to drive me insane! I've had 2 boys throwing things around the classroom all day. Eraser bits, crayons, and pieces of paper..all over the classroom. So, I just made them clean EVERY little scrap of anything off of the floor. And I turned a blind eye when their classmates dumped ALL of the trash from their desks onto the floor. That should show them not to mess up my classroom. Anyway, I have to go teach math now.

Ugh...it's only been a week since I taught this math lesson & they've very nearly completely forgotten it!
AGH. It's so frustrating!

Anyway, Mrs. White interrupted my math lesson to tell me that one of my student's parents had called & wanted a conference & to have her child moved. Mrs. White said she didn't know what was the cause. Me neither...

So at the end of the day, I asked the child. She said there was nothing wrong. She didn't tell her mom anything.

So, after school, I called the mother and asked her point blank what was the deal. She basically says she doesn't think I'm "helping" her enough. She's one of the brightest children in my class. She gets as much of my attention as I feel she needs and certainly no less the average. (The LOWEST kids do get a tiny bit more time but we're talking the difference between 20 minutes and 25.) So anyway, she says, Mrs. White already said she'd move the child, and that's what she wants. So why pull me out of my planning time to deal with it? Huh? If you KNOW you're going to move her, just do it already, and give me one less child to have on my test scores. Whatever.

2 comments:

Chicke3 said...

I have to give you credit for teaching 5th grade. I had to teach 4th grade two days a week and I about lost my mind. But I think you handled the situation very well, because if they made a mess they can clean all of it up :-) That is ridiculous that you had to use your planning time to discuss something that was going to be done no matter what the outcome of your conversation was! But principals and school systems do things that we teachers can only imagine what they are thinking. Congrats on the beta results! I am so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Everything is looking so great for you! I'm so glad you have finally become pregnant. It's going to be so much fun to follow along with you in this!