Saturday, March 7, 2009

Busy "Relaxing" Day

Ugh. I can't get a break.

Yesterday after work I waited around until Terrell got there with the boys. We loaded them straight into the car and then headed to Virginia Beach to get Carolynn. I picked her up and headed to Rock A Bye to buy "What to Expect When You're Expecting...", sneakers for Caro, and a Soothie bottle for Spencer. Then we left there and headed home. Only the traffic was ridiculous and it took for-ev-er to get home!

When I got home, Mandy was already here and waiting to get the boys, which was good. After she left, Tim and I got busy on the housework. We cleaned the entire house up (just picked up, no heavy cleaning) and then around 8:00 we were finally ready to go get some food. What started out as going to get "fast food" turned into going to the slowest freaking Ruby Tuesday's on the planet. It was just about 10:00 before we left there! Then, Chrissy called. The girls have lice. How nice. (sorry, I couldn't resist) And could we please go buy some stuff to treat their heads.

So, off we went in search of lice treatments. We found some at Wal-Mart and then headed home. Chrissy was in a bitchy mood & kept screaming at the kids. I put Carolynn to bed almost as soon as we got home. I also tended to the laundry before Tim and I headed off to bed.

This morning, the kids were all up before 6:30 am. Yea, we were up until after midnight. How fun. So, I got up at 6:30 and put the dogs out, then went back to bed. Around 9:30 I finally had to get out of bed again, because the dogs were whining and the kids were making a ton of noise. Chrissy was ready to leave to go to VB, to get work done on her van, and asked if we'd keep Carolynn. I said I didn't mind because Caro's easy. She left and Tim and I got moving.

So far I've folded 2 loads of laundry & I have AT LEAST 6 more I need to wash. There are loads in both machines right now. There is an entire kitchen full of dishes that need loaded into the dishwasher too. And, guess what Tim's plans for the day were....to fix the leaky faucet out front. Which requires the WATER to be cut off! I said, no way, Jose! There's too much that needs done in this house!

So, he's running to Pep Boys to return the brakes he had me buy that were the wrong thing..and I'm going to go get back to work.

ETA: Oh by the way, there's NO SAFE way to treat lice on a pregnant woman still in the first trimester according to my doctor. So, my hair is tightly pulled up on top of my head. I'm staying out of the living room & Tim sprayed the house down with the treatment spray. Please pray that I don't get lice from the girls!

3 comments:

Smellyann said...

OMG, LICE! Everyone I know has it lately. I'm checking my kids like crazy! I'm so skeeved out by it. Eek!!!

So you have to wash everything now, the sheets, the pillows, the carpets and everything, right?? I can't believe you let them be at your house with it! I'd have made them scram! LOL

Chicke3 said...

What you are doing with your hair is the best thing you can do....I either keep my hair short or pulled back when teaching for that reason alone :-).....but I am sorry to hear about that

Jennifer Taylor said...

OMG, that has to be tough. My daughter is in the 5th grade, but I haven't of any cases around here. I hope and pray you don't get it and your pregnancy goes very smoothly for you.