Monday, November 7, 2011

11 Week Old Check-up & Follow Up Appointment

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 was both boys well-baby visits.

Our appointment was at 1:45 and we got there about 20 minutes early. (go me!)

Luke was asleep in our double stroller, so we started with Vinnie.

He weighed in at 11.2 lbs and was 23.5 inches long.

I can't remember & didn't write down what percentiles they said the boys were in, but my internet research is putting Vinnie at:

Weight for Age: 10-25%
Length for Age: 50-75%

According to this website.

This site says his weight for age is 15.3% & that his length for age is 40%.

I'm not too crazy about the percentiles though, because I've become a believer in "look at the kid, not the numbers."

Since we declined any shots in the hospital, Vinnie was due for 3 shots that covered a wide variety of vaccines.  I don't like to get more than 2 at a time, so we opted to skip the Hep B shot for a while longer.

Now, I'm regretting getting him 2 shots, because he ended up getting lumps under both shots, one of which was warm to the touch & red.  So, he's on his first ever dose of antibiotics (Keflex) for a possible infection in the shot site. :(

His other reactions to the shots were that he slept from about 3:00 until 7:00, nursed for about 5 minutes & then fussed to sleep (in the car) and didn't nurse again until about 2:00 am, then not again until the morning.  He was super-mega cranky all day long and I couldn't put him down, get him to sleep or nurse all day.

I took him to the doctor and then of course, he was all smiles, but they did give me the antibiotic for his leg, so it wasn't a wasted trip.  After that he was all better.

The rest of his doctor's appointment was fine, he got all the usual things checked and she asked me about his nursing habits and other little things.

This practice doesn't do the million question long paperwork that Nansemond uses so I didn't have any list to check out his progress by, I guess I'll have to look it up myself.

Hmmm--I'm 99% sure I finished this post & Google has somehow managed to eat it. I'm just going to go ahead & publish it with what there is!

No comments: