Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge Day 3 & 14



Day 3 Fifteen interesting things about yourself

I am NOT a very interesting person, but I'll go ahead & make up a list!

1. I'm a lifelong member of the Girl Scouts of America & I earned the Silver and Gold Awards, the highest possible awards in Girl Scouting when I was a kid.

2. I made the decision to breastfeed my future children before I was even engaged to my husband, because it was important to him.  I also turned down the opportunity for a breast reduction when I made that decision. (It was scheduled & everything!)

3. I love roller coasters and thrill rides.  But, I get sick the minute I step on a carousel.  Like, I want to puke and I get dizzy.

4. I love wrapping presents.  My Dad taught me how to do it "just right" and I thoroughly enjoy wrapping gifts.

5. I love throwing parties! I don't enjoy the cleaning and prep for the house, but I love the planning and execution. :)

6.  I am convinced I am not capable of learning to knit or crochet.  I have attempted to learn and paid for lessons on many occasions and I just cannot get the hang of it.

7.  I have never ever colored my hair.

8. One time, my best friend and I "stole" a car.  Neither of us had driver's licenses and it was just from a neighborhood guy, but still.

9.  I used to be a Rocky Horror Picture Show groupie.  I can even do the Time Warp Dance!

10. I used to teach 4th & 5th graders.

11. My favorite girls' names are Rebekah, Elise, Kaylee or Kaylynn, and Jayne.  Someday I hope to get to use one of them (even if it is by adoption.)

12. I would totally relactate to nurse an adopted baby.

13. If the opportunity presented itself & fit my living situation, I would wetnurse.

14. I donated breastmilk to at least 5 different babies and pumped for 11 months to help one mama reach her goal of exclusively breastmilk to a year. :)

15. I am mostly-dairy, corn, soy, and banana free for my kids, because they have allergies.


Day 14 Give your followers 15 tips to get through life

Hmm....tips to get through life...I feel like that should be some pretty researched & serious advice!

I think I'll revise that to 15 tips that help me get through MY life....

1. Make the beds.  I function so much better when the beds get made.

2. Have a plan. Make lists and schedules.

3. Be prepared. Even if others joke you for your huge diaper bag....be prepared. I'd much rather lug extra clothes and diapers than have a wet, stinky, sticky, dirty, fussy child and no materials to help them.

4. Do not grocery shop when hungry.

5. Have an emergency fund, a savings account, and a credit card.  That way, when disaster (big or small) strikes, its not the end of the world.

6. Pray. Without ceasing.

7.  Tithe.  Its hard to start, but I have a strong testimony that when you do it, everything else just seems to work out & you still have #5 as a back up. :)

8. Love the one you're with & the people who you call friends.  Remove toxic people from your life.

9. Holding a grudge only hurts you.  The person you are holding the grudge against isn't suffering from that pain or anger.  Let it go.

10. Say a prayer of thanksgiving daily.  Start small. "Dear God, thank you for my food, house, family, friends, and toys. Amen."

11. Be your own (and your children's) advocate health-wise.  Doctors are not always right.  They make mistakes & they don't always have YOUR best interest in mind.  Push for answers.  Wait & see has a time & a place but it is not always the best option.

12. Laugh every day.

13. Cry when you need to.

14.  Have a best friend that you can call any time of day or night & for whatever reason.  Sometimes just letting out whatever is exciting or stressing you  is all you need to keep on, keeping on.

15. Do your part to make the world a better place.

No comments: