Friday, June 22, 2012

1/2 Weaning, Day 2

So, I've been offering Vinnie "lefty" first each time he nurses.  I did miss one or two times during the night out of exhaustion, but I've kept up with it today.



He hasn't taken a full feeding on lefty, but has started there & finished on the right each time.

I can already see a difference in production.  Lefty is more normal flowing already (instead of squirting everywhere) and righty is leaking each time I take it out (and once on my shirt!)



I'm going to pick up some cabbage this afternoon to help ease off some of the fullness, but I think I'll start slowly.  I don't want it to be so empty that either of my boys end up with empty tummies.  I have a week to wean them from that side, so there's no need to rush.


I don't want mastitis either though!

So far, Vinnie doesn't really care for lefty but has accepted the positions I've tried, which are laying down with him on my left & cradling him in my lap.



I am going to borrow a breast pump from a local mom so that I can help boost supply on the left & take the edge off the right (when the time comes for that.)


I know better, but still....

http://www.breast-cancer.ca/staging/solid-breast-nodules.htm

No comments: