Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Friend Making Monday

Here's a new meme I think I'll try to get in on...if I can keep up.  I like memes, they make for good blog fodder when I have not the time, energy, or sanity to write a real post! 

I found FMM on Mama Kenz Studio Blog...but it is hosted over at aeFilkins Blog!

So, basically, it's a random 20 questions each week!  Here I go...

1. Do you cook every night?


I make dinner every night except for the weekends, when we often do left overs, eat out, or "fend for yourself".  It doesn't always entail "cooking" because we menu plan & some things don't get cooked or they get cooked in preparation a day earlier.

2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why?

Seventh Generation Free and Clear HE

3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time?
I wait until we're either out of clothes or out of room to keep the dirty laundry & then do a whole bunch of loads in one day.  I'd never be able to do them one a day & actually put it away.  I prefer to put it all away marathon style. 

4. How often do you eat out per week?

Once a week for a "real" meal normally & then maybe once a week for fast food for just me. 

5. Where do you usually eat out?

Tim and I eat at I-Hop every Sunday after church.  (We RARELY change it up.)  I like McDonald's fries!


6. What is your favorite retail store?

Kohl's though lately it's Babies R Us, obviously.

7. What's your favorite thing to drink?

Pepsi

8. Do you take vitamins? What kind?

Um yea, too many.  I take a Prenatal Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Iron, and DHA (Expecta). 

9. What percentage of the household chores to you do?

All of the household chores.  Tim helps when asked & given a list.  He does all of the yardwork & fixings....


10. Do your children do chores? {Or will they, did they, etc}

Luke will help keep his playroom clean by the time he's 2.  Carolynn & Grayson are both very good at "clean up time" so we'll stick with that for Luke...right now his chore is to grow into a healthy baby boy!

11. Do you go to church?

Yep, at least 3x a month.  Plus we're about to start getting SUPER active in stuff there!

12. Do you have a housework schedule?

Nope, and it would never work.  I kind of had a schedule when I was doing day-care, (kitchen first, laundry, living room, make beds, vacuum) but it was based on what the kids needed & where they were in the house. 

13. Do you keep a working budget?

Tim does.  All the time.  He spends several hours once a week playing with it & tweaking it.

14. What do you do at night as a family?

Pretty much right now, eat, play on our computers, read, and watch t.v. in bed.  When Luke comes, we'll read to him. 

15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week?

I don't!

16. What do your mornings look like?

Yesterday & today, sleep til I want, computer til I want, shower & get the day started...

17. What time do you get up in the mornings?

Whenever I need to if I have something planned or whenever I want to if I don't....a couple more months of bliss, then it'll be whenever Luke needs me!

18. What time do you go to bed at night?

Whenever...

19. How do you manage all of the paperwork that floods into your household? {bills, school work, magazines, ads, etc}

I have piles too.  All over the place.  The guest bed is about to be a massive "file pile" that needs taken care of by next Friday.  Fun times. 

20. How do you keep your household organized? {calendars, charts, etc}

Tim and I both have digital calendars in Outlook.  They are synced to our phones & to each other.  I'm better at using mine that he is.  I also make lists.  Lots of lists.  I'm kind of a list freak. 

No comments: