Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pregnancy Update

Well, I just spent the last two hours counting/timing contractions.


Grocery shopping is officially off of my to-do list. I will NOT be doing that again!

I started contracting 1/2 way through Wal-Mart. I pushed on. When I was ALMOST done I called DH to let him know I was in a LOT of pain.

I know I had at least 8-10 contractions while shopping. As soon as I got home I got in bed and drank water and started timing them.

They were coming 5 minutes apart & were close to 1 minute long each, so I called the doctor. They suggested eating, drinking, and taking a warm bath w/ my entire belly in the water. So that's what I did. The contractions went from 5 mins, to 6 mins, to 8 mins, and finally I went 20 minutes without one.

(Mind you, I can feel Luke moving the whole time. He does NOT like contractions.)

As soon as I got out of the tub, I had a HUGE painful contraction that lasted more than 2 minutes. This is what the doc said to watch for (pain & longer than 1 minute). So I got back in the tub.

Same thing again. 5 mins apart, 8 mins apart, 15 minutes...got out of the tub, another huge one. Layed in bed & managed to get up to 8 minutes apart again before calling the doctor back.

She said I have an "irritable uterus" and it doesn't sound like PTL to her. She said eat some more, drink some more, and go to bed. I had to cancel Girl Scouts & Bunco. Bummer.

I also cancelled the Girl Scout camping trip this weekend. There's no way I'd have been able to handle it & there were only 2 girls able to go, not the 4 we'd planned on. So, we're not going. Yay!

No comments: