Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Loren's Wedding (Part 2)

Saturday July 2nd, 2011 was the official date of Loren & Heather's wedding.  You may remember they got married back on Dec. 19, 2010 before Loren was shipped out to Washington & then deployed for 6 months.  That was their "technical" wedding, but it was very informal and low-key.

This wedding celebration was much more elaborate and was very beautiful.

We all met at the Jasmine Plantation near Williamsburg at about 10 am.  (We got there around 9:30.)

First up, was the rehearsal at 10 am.  Tim was in the wedding, so I had to look after Luke outside during that.

Then Tim spent a long time chasing Luke around the property.  He just kept running!

After we ate lunch, Tim and I took Luke and drove back to Williamsburg (about 30 minutes) to pick up some lunch for Luke (who wouldn't eat the sandwiches Peggy provided), an outfit for Luke, and undershirts for Tim.  Luke napped during the hour & a half car ride.

After that it was time to start getting ready for the ceremony, so we worked out all the details for that and managed to get our little family dressed and ready to go just before the wedding.

My contractions were pretty intense by that point and they only got worse sitting in the sun for the ceremony.  Luke mostly behaved in his stroller until things were over, but after the ceremony he wanted down & out!

We quickly got our pictures done and then Luke & I headed inside, since I was now doubling over in pain with the contractions.

Another wife of a groomsman, and her 18 month old, came inside with us.  She is due in October, but was definitely handling the day better than me!

I basically couldn't do anything by that point and eventually had Peggy come & get Luke.

As soon as Tim was done with his wedding duties, I took the iPad and headed upstairs to find a cool bed to lay down on.  I timed my contractions for about 40 minutes & they were 2-3 minutes apart and lasting between 10-30 seconds each.  I was in a lot of pain but glad to be laying down.

Finally, I headed back downstairs & outside to the reception.  We visited for a little while, ate some cake and fruit, and then got ready to head home.

It was around 8 pm when we left the reception & about 9:30 when we got home and unloaded.  We all went straight to bed!

No comments: