Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pee Pee on the Potty

On July 19, 2011, at 21 months & one day old, Mr. Lucas Wayne went pee pee on the potty for the first time!

Here's how it went down:


I was going to the bathroom & Luke sat on his potty chair (lid down) and said "potty, pee pee...."

I said, "yep, that's your potty."

He then opened the lid and said "pee pee potty"....

I was done so we went out of the bathroom. THEN he started dragging his potty out of the bathroom...so I helped him carry it to the living room.

He said, "pee pee potty" again, so I took his soaking wet diaper off of him & let him sit on it. (he was watching Blue's Clues while I fixed lunch)

A couple minutes later I came back & looked & sure enough, he had gone pee pee on the potty.

21 months & 1 day...absolutely NO formal "potty training"--just a part of our life that we do & talk about

He's been able to say he was pee pee or poopy for MONTHS now and just started saying diaper this past week. He also has brought me a clean diaper a couple times when he needed changed.

I would LOVE IT if he just "gets it" and starts peeing on his potty...but I'm not going to push or pressure him...



So, that's a big milestone....but we're not stressing the issue.


After I cleaned up the pee pee, I left him to sit there for a few minutes (he wasn't ready to get up) and he apparently tried to go poopy on the potty too.  BUT, he got sidetracked I think....because the poopy ended up on the floor IN FRONT of the potty chair.  (and on the potty chair, and on Luke, and on Luke's toy vacuum (which I think he used to "clean" it up).  


Ugh. 


Anyway, we haven't tried any more potty times since then because my Dad is in town & I'd rather keep the pee & poop in the diapers where they belong, rather than the floor for someone to slip/step on. :)



No comments: