Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wednesday & Thursday

Hmm, let's see.

Yesterday the kids didn't get here until 8:00 am, which was nice but annoying at the same time.

My current set-up is, as soon as the kids get here, I set them up w/ a movie/toys & then I eat breakfast. I've tried eating while I wait for them, but then they show up & my cereal gets soggy. So, I was sitting here WAITING to eat my breakfast for a long time.

Anyway, they spent the morning reading & playing in the playroom. I gave them the materials & directions to make home-made crayons & they worked on that for a while.

When the crayons were done I gave them the materials & directions to make "coasters" for their cups, so they could remember which one was theirs.

After that I fixed them lunch & talked on the phone w/ a friend of a friend who is interested in part-time day-care!

After lunch, we headed to Cinema Cafe to catch "Escape to Witch Mountain". It was good, but I had to pee 3 times during it!

When we got home, the kids played in the playroom & I sat in there on the floor & worked on going through pictures for the frames I have around the house.

Melanie called & asked if she could come by & of course I said sure. Tim got home, the kids left, and Melanie arrived all in a matter of 10 minutes around 5:30 or 6ish.

Tim had work stuff to do (and balanced the checkbook I think) and Melanie knitted while I worked on making a picture frame for Carolynn. It's darling!

Tim cooked tacos for dinner. We ate (Melanie worked on her knitting, she doesn't eat beef) and then I finished my frame before Melanie headed home.

After she left, we spent about 5 minutes on our computers & then headed to bed.

While I was cleaning up from dinner I had a couple cramps, that I now believe were actually Braxton Hicks contractions. They were low & in front & knocked the wind of me. They also left me with an achy feeling in my abdominal muscles.

This morning, I got up & didn't feel so hot. I had a couple more cramps/contractions while cleaning up the kitchen & getting the kids breakfast, so I cancelled our plans of going bowling.

I pretty much laid on the couch until about 12:10, reading Harry Potter 7 and drinking tea (decaff) or water. The kids read or played in the playroom.

I just fed them lunch & now they're back in the playroom. I think I'm going to go look for a craft for them to do and get them started on that for a while. Then I think we'll watch a movie (I made popcorn for my lunch.)

No comments: