Saturday, July 18, 2009

Update Post 4

Friday July 17, 2009
I had jury duty on Friday. I got up early enough and decided to skip my shower so I could just relax before heading in. I still managed to get there 5 minutes early and then we ended up just sitting around doing nothing until 11:30. Then they let us know that the person had decided to make a plea and no longer wanted a jury trial, so we were free to go! Yay! I left there and headed to Greenbrier Mall to get my glasses adjusted. I also scheduled eye exams for Tim and I.
When I got home, I ate, and putzed around on the computer. I got a shower and eventually got super busy cleaning the house. I did a lot of the ‘deep cleaning’ projects I’d been meaning to do, like clearing off the water heater, washer, dryer, and windowsill. I also scrubbed the fish tank, dusted the t.v., and set up some big-kid toys in the guest room.
At 6:30 the dad that I’m going to be doing day-care for showed up. He’s very nice, extremely soft-spoken, and if his certifications say anything, quite smart. Tim was HIGHLY impressed with one of the certs the guy had. His kids are a 9 year old boy and a 6 year old girl. I’m going to have the kids probably from 7:15-6:00 each day and he’s going to pay $200 a week. I’m only going to be responsible for feeding them breakfast, lunch, and a couple snacks, and he said it’s ok to take them on field trips! Yay! The only hang-up is I haven’t ACTUALLY figured out if I can get out of jury duty! Eeks! I know I can probably get out of it on Tuesday (if they even call me) but I’ not sure if I can get the rest of my term excused/delayed.
After he left, Tim and I made grilled turkey & cheese sandwiches and soup and watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I’ve decided the Harry Potter movies kind of suck. They don’t do the books justice at all! They leave SO many of the important/fun details out for the sake of time but then add in dumb/irrelevant details which just TAKE up time! Anyway, I made popcorn and rice krispy treats while we were watching that & then fell asleep before it was over, so I didn’t see all of it!


Saturday July 18, 2009 <--TODAY!
I’m not feeling so hot today. I slept well last night, only getting up once to go to the bathroom, but today I’m feeling yucky.
I’ve got a stomachache, gas, constipation, a cramp, leg cramps, head congestion, and my GOD this kid is kicking the living day-lights out of my gut.
Tim is working on money and getting increasingly frustrated. So far today, we’ve cut the bandwidth on our internet, cancelled Direct TV (we didn’t watch it anyway) and are planning on cancelling Banfield (dog plans), changing our car insurance and asking for a “financial hardships” deferment on my student loans. I need to get more day-care kids and Tim needs to get paid more, plain and simple!
Later today, Tim has church and I’ll be home alone feeling sick. He’s doing sound for tonight’s service and then he’ll be home around 7.
Tomorrow, we’re going to church and then we have a Mason’s Ice Cream Social and A-Capella show to go to and then I’m babysitting for Melanie.
Monday I start my day-care!

No comments: