Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Weekend Update

So sorry the updates took so long, but I'm sure you all understand!

Friday April 17
Friday was my day to spend with Little Miss Caro. I got up with her and played with her. We ate and showered and got dressed and made a plan. Then we headed to the grocery store. I think I made a to-do list post which pretty clearly explained all that we had to do. Caro was a little ham & just too adorable the whole time! When we got home from grocery shopping, Caro took a nap and I read or played online, I can’t remember. We left at 4:00 to go meet Amanda and pick up the baby gear mother load. The lady was really nice; she even showed me how to set up the Pack N Play and everything. We left there and then I went to Amanda’s house. It took a little finagling, but we managed to get all of the pieces into my car and I headed home. Tim helped me unload all the gear & Carolynn and then he went to work out in the garage.

He tried to install the bike seat onto my bike, but it wouldn’t go on because it was missing a part. I called around and tried to find someplace but nobody was open. We ended up just having macaroni and cheese for dinner because Tim had already eaten and I didn’t feel like much.

Tim ended up going to work to hang out with one of his buddies and I stayed home to clean and watch Prison Break. I put Caro to bed around 9:30 and by 10:30 I was in bed myself.

Saturday April 18
Let’s see, I still had Carolynn Saturday morning, so we didn’t get to sleep in. We didn’t get moving too quickly and Tim was upset. We finally got to Melanie’s house around, 11, I guess…maybe a little later. We were heading over there so Tim could help Rob work on the truck. I had to take Carolynn home & wasn’t feeling so hot when we got there, so I left to do that almost as soon as we got there.

By the time I got to Chrissy’s house though, Carolynn was sound asleep and my stomach was begging for some food. Since Chrissy was going to the pool with the big kids + a few extras, I offered to keep Carolynn until she woke up or Chrissy was done at the pool.

So, I headed over to Tom and Peggy’s house to eat the food I had. (It was Thursday’s Texas Roadhouse leftovers.) I tried to eat but couldn’t and Carolynn woke up, so I tried to get her to eat & she wouldn’t. We hung out there for a bit, waiting to see if I’d be able to eat anything or not & then we headed back to Melanie’s.

We picked Tim up and went to McDonald’s drive through for some lunch. Then we headed back to Tom and Peggy’s house so he could get a shower. Then we headed to the church so Tim could go to sound practice. We got there around 3:20. I went back to McDonald’s to get some more food for Carolynn (since Mocha ate hers while we were at T & P’s house) and then went back to the church parking lot so she could eat. I cleaned out the truck & then read my book while she ate. When she was done eating, I called to find out where Chrissy was. She was on her way home, so I headed to her house.

I got to Chrissy’s house just a second before she did and dropped the baby girl off. Then I turned around and headed back to church. I sat in the parking lot and read my book for a long while. At 4:50 I headed in for the service. I wasn’t feeling so well and was cold, but it was still nice to get back to church and hear a service.

After church we were going to go to Tom and Peggy’s so Tim could visit with them, but they didn’t answer the phone. So, we ended up going to Pembroke Mall. We started at Kohl’s but we didn’t shop there. Our first stop was Payless to get a new pair of flip flops. The ones I got 2 years ago are worn out but I managed to find the same thing, just in a different color. Yay! Then we went to the pet store, just to browse and oogle at the puppies. Tim was teasing that our next dog should be a “mastiff” of any kind. They had 3 different kinds in the store at the time & I say no way to all of them! If it has mastiff in the name, it’s OUT. I think I want a small dog for our next dog. While we were there we picked up a “cock a poo” sticker for dad or Frankie and Tim managed to set down my Payless bag.

Then we went to Sears so Tim could look at “baby tools”….or in other words, so I could look at baby stuff & he could look at tools. We shopped around there until my stomach started to hurt & my legs got tired.

When we left the mall we had no idea what we wanted for dinner. Tim decided on Silver Diner and it didn’t sound too bad to me, so off we went. They had clam strips on the menu, which is normally a favorite of mine. I took one nibble and couldn’t touch them. I did manage to eat all of the French fries though. Yum yum!

While we were at dinner I realized we lost the flip flops, called the store, and arranged to pick them up on Sunday.

After dinner we went home and I went to bed.

Sunday April 19
Let’s see….Sunday I slept in. Tim got up and did who knows what until I got up. Then he started getting ready to go to Rob and Melanie’s to play with Rob’s truck some more. I sat down at the computer to check my e-mail and blog reader and ended up being there for more than an hour. When I finally got moving from the computer I ate ½ a lb. of strawberries and then got in the shower. When I got out of the shower, I watched the Special Features on the Twilight disc and started to get dressed. Then, Tim walked in the door and scared the poo out of me! I didn’t expect him home that early & he hadn’t called to warn me! I got dressed and ready to go pretty quickly after that & ended up riding to Virginia Beach with him and Rob. Our first stop was at Pembroke Mall to pick up the flip flops that Tim had set down in the pet store and for the boys to go buy some tools. I got another great deal while we were in there; they had little Craftsman tool belts for $1.99 that were meant to be gift card holders. It’ll be good for Tim’s tool theme coming home outfit for Baby Goetsch, if it’s a boy.

We left Sears and headed to Melanie’s house. Melanie was napping when I got there, so Chloe and I chilled on the porch, reading American Girl, playing Hangman, and just watching the guys work. While we were there, Beth called to say that dinner was almost done & when would we be over. It really ticked me off, because they made a huge deal about us coming over for dinner, knew we were going to be at Melanie’s working on the car “all day” and then started dinner before we even called to say the guys were wrapping it up. I was ticked. So, anyway, Tim and Rob finished up and we headed over to Tom and Peggy’s.

Of course, they had finished eating (it was JUST then 6:00) and there weren’t even enough potatoes left for 2 people. Oh well. I ate a few bites of steak and some potatoes and Tim had the mixed vegetables that were left with his steak. I wasn’t feeling so hot (probably partly because of my attitude) and so it was pretty boring. It really upsets me that every Sunday they watch America’s Funniest Videos, faithfully. That show is so dumb and annoying to watch and I can’t stand it. Who thinks it’s funny to watch babies and children get hurt? Not I. I really started craving a soft serve ice cream cone and tried to convince Tim to take me to get one, but he didn’t.

Finally after 8:00, we headed out. We got ice cream on the way home & ate it in the truck. It was SO tasty.

When we got home, I basically went straight to bed.

Monday April 20
Yesterday was an OK day at work. I was super busy all day & felt ok too. I got lots of planning done for our Luray Caverns field trip & for the SOL review that we are going to be doing over the next couple weeks. I felt good to be so productive and get a lot of good stuff done.

After school, I had to plan for my Girl Scout meeting. I got a lot of stuff done for camp & then decided to go out and get some food. After I left the building I remembered I was supposed to go get a new ID badge for work, so I did that first. That went pretty quickly, my new picture isn’t as nice as my old one, but oh well.

After I left there I really wanted pizza for dinner but I didn’t know where any pizza places were. So I drove around town for a while looking for something that sounded good to me. I didn’t see anything and finally resolved to just go to McDonald’s on my way back to the school. As I was pulling out of the McDonald’s with my food, I SAW the freaking Domino’s pizza that I knew was around there somewhere. At least now I know.

So, I headed back to school and we had another flash storm. That wasn’t too bad though. When I got back there were kids waiting for me so we got right to work for the Scout meeting. We went over the camp permission slip and information. All of the girls are planning to go and they are so excited! (I am too, but where am I going to find the time to get everything ready?!)

After Girl Scouts, I headed home. I spent the first hour or so that I was home cleaning house and tending to the laundry. Then I spent some time on my computer with Tim. I installed Spore back onto my computer, yay!

After that, I went and watched Twilight while I started folding the mountains of clean clothes that needed put away.

When I was done with the laundry & Twilight was over, Tim came on in and we went to bed.

OK, so that's the update from Friday-Tuesday...I'll be back with another post in a moment!

No comments: