Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sunday Update (on Wednesday)

Well, I have been a bad blogger lately, but I have a good excuse. I’m freaking pregnant people! This week is 9 weeks and I FINALLY have “pregnancy sickness.” I’ve been pretty miserable since Friday. (off and on) Today is probably the worst of it.

The baby is now the size of a grape! Wow!

So, this is a very late “Sunday Update” for this past weekend…I don’t know when I blogged a real blog last so I’m going to start with Friday.

Friday at work was quite productive. My kids got a few tests done & did some make up work & then we graded a crap load of papers! I did it the lazy way, letting the kids grade them at their desks and then turn them into me so I could just record the grades. At least I got it almost completely done. I’m down to like 4 things that need graded!

Towards the end of the day I started to feel miserable, so I beat feet at 3:00 and went straight home & there I went straight to bed. I was still in bed when Tim got home.

My stomach was completely upset and I couldn’t fathom eating anything, even though I was hungry.

We talked and determined that I was in the mood for Red Lobster’s cheesy bread and the Ultimate Fondue appetizer. So, that’s what we did. We had a long wait once we got there but it wasn’t too bad, until I got back into the restaurant area and smelled all the food. Oh no, my stomach was NOT happy. I downed a whole lot of glasses of water and nibbled on the cheesy bread they bring out. When my appetizer (meal) came, I ate that and it really helped me feel better. I wasn’t able to eat the lobster or crab in it, but I did eat the shrimp.
When we got home, I went straight to bed.

(I think I did spend some time on the computer on Friday, buying my new diapers & I think I posted about those already. I received the blue Goodmama yesterday & I can’t wait to try it on a kid! I also FINALLY got the 2 SBBs I ordered a couple weeks ago. They both have mild staining but I’m going to try to sun them out when I get to feeling like it. Anyway, the Goodmama is probably a medium/large diaper (maybe the bigger end of small) and the Soggy Bottom Baby diapers are smalls. I haven’t ordered any newborn sized diapers lately.)

Saturday morning I slept in, it was glorious! Oh, I just remembered what we did. Tim got up and got to work on the spigot. He went to Lowe’s and got the broken faucet out front repaired. I did a whole lot of nothing. Then I got showered and met Amanda at “Uniquely Leo’s” in Suffolk. We browsed through the store and oohed and ahhed over all the cute stuff. I think we’re going to try to make a sign like one we saw there that says, “You wake him, you take him.” (or her if it’s a girl!) After I left there, I went to Wal-Mart to get some groceries & Tabitha’s baby shower present. I couldn’t remember where she was registered but I’m not really a registry kind of girl anyway. I almost puked like 5 times while I was in there because of the awful stench of some of the foods. When I got home, Tim and I ate some food (soup for me, who knows for him) and watched “The Incredible Hulk.” After that, I’m pretty sure it was bed time.

Sunday I slept in again. Tim got up around 5:00 am. It woke me up and scared me when I got up and he wasn’t there! Anyway, I went back to bed and slept in again! When I got up around 9:30, he was on the couch watching “Crimson Tide.” So, I curled up in there with him and watched it too. When that was over we got showers, but we weren’t quick enough to make it to church, so we skipped it. We ate some breakfast and then I went back to sleep. I got a nice little nap in before we had to go to James and Missy’s house. (It was just for a visit, I didn’t HAVE to go, I wanted to, but you know, it woke me up from a nap, which is always unwelcome!) When I woke up, I felt REALLY sick, so that sucked. It took me a while before I could get cleaned up, dressed, and ready to go.
When we got to James and Missy’s we pretty much just relaxed and hung out on the porch. I sat in the sun, until I got too hot, so I could soak up some Vitamin D from the sun. When it started to get cool in the shade, we decided it was time for dinner & we headed to “Cazadores” Mexican restaurant. I got a chicken and cheese quesadilla (which I just remembered I brought to school for lunch, but I don’t remember eating, maybe it’s still in the fridge) and it was pretty good, but I only ate ½ at the dinner. When we were done there we were heading to Cold Stone, but Trevor gagged himself and puked all over their car, so we headed back to their house. We had ice cream cake instead and then played Wii. I was feeling pretty out of it and ready to go home by then, but I stuck it out so Tim could visit. (I’m sure I appeared quite anti-social, but I blame it on the pregnancy.) Anyway, when we got home, I went straight to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are allowed to be anti-social. Pregnancy makes you that way. I've been anti-social for 8 months, and it just keeps getting worse. :)