Saturday, January 21, 2012


It's been a while since I had time to blog, I've been busy and the boys have been off and on again sick. :(

On January 2, we started our homeschooling journey! We are doing really well & I am pleased with Luke's success so far!

Both boy came down with RSV, upper respiratory infection, sinus infection, and Luke managed to get an ear infection too.  We basically just survived through that week with both of them feeling miserable.

Showing off how I wear Vinnie facing out in the Moby
On Saturday Jan. 7, Mandy took Luke (still sick and feverish!) to the movies to see Puss in Boots with Grayson & Spencer.  He LOVES his big "cousins" and had a blast!

Vinnie showing off the new shirt Mandy bought him...
On Sunday Jan. 8, Vinnie and I went on a date.  We went to Cinema Cafe to see "Breaking Dawn" and it was great.  Vinnie did really well.  He sat in my lap & watched the movie for the first hour or so, then played and coo'ed in my lap for a bit, before nursing and falling asleep.  Tim stayed at home with Luke.

On Monday, Jan. 9, Tim stayed home from work so that he could keep the boys while I went to the dentist.  It was the third time I'd left Vinnie.

The first time was when he was only 1 month old, for Luke's surgery on Sept. 13.  The 2nd time I don't even remember when it was, but I just ran to Food Lion & Subway for dinner while both boys slept at home with Tim.

This time was a lot more serious, since I knew I'd be gone a couple hours and that they'd both be AWAKE while I was gone.  I knew Tim could handle it, but that didn't make leaving them any easier!

The dentist had to give me the Novocaine twice so I was pretty drugged up when he finished filling my tooth. I ended up needing to walk around for about 20 minutes before I could even drive home!

As soon as I got home, it was time to get Tim & the boys & head to the eye doctor!

I had an eye exam & apparently my pregnancy with Vinnie CORRECTED my vision! So, the reason things have been so blurry while driving (the only time I wear my glasses) is because my lenses were too strong! :)  So, I do still need glasses for driving, but a much lower prescription.

Since the boys were sick we didn't do as well as we'd hoped the first week of homeschooling, so we extended A, Red, One, and Circle for a second week.  By the end of the second week Luke knew everything except for red.  He is really struggling with the concept of color.  We are taking him in February for an eye exam.

On Wednesday, the 11th, Vinnie has his follow up for the RSV and we were cleared to resume our normal activities.  So, that night we went to Central Baptist Church for the women's Bible study and for Puggles for Luke.  (Its the 2 year old class at Awana's.)

Friday the 13th we spent doing playdates!  In the morning we went to the monthly Babywearers of Hampton Roads meeting in Norfolk.  It was fun and I saw quite a few familiar faces.

From there we went to a McDonald's for lunch & the internet & then we headed to Casey T.'s house for a Cloth Diaper playdate and swap! I only made $9, but I got some stuff cleared out. :)

It was about 4 when we left there so it was definitely time to head home.

Sunday we went to church and then to Tom & Peggy's house.

On Monday the 16th, we started B, Blue, Two, and Square.  It's the end of the week and we never really covered square or the B sounds, so we will keep doing these skills next week.

Luke does know how to count to four all by himself.  He can also count to 10 with some help.  He can say all of the letters of the alphabet correctly & recognizes A & its sound.  When we say the alphabet he can say the "next" letter several times & always gets the Z which is "last".  He understands, first, next, and last and will tell you that he wants to do whatever it is FIRST, when you're trying to get him to do something!

He also learned to say excuse me, understands taking turns, and knows the emotions happy, sad, and mad.

We had Aaron on Martin Luther King Jr. Day and didn't really do much.  We went to Rock a Bye Baby in Va Beach and exchanged some stuff and drove around so the boys could nap.

I also visited the Vitamin Shoppe for some probiotics for Vinnie and went by the bank.  That night I went grocery shopping.

On Tuesday we ran errands all day.  We went to Luke's doctor's appointment, to find out that he has another really bad ear infection.  Then we went to Amy H.'s house to buy some diapers & covers.  From there we went by Jenna's house to pick up a few diapers and visit for a bit.  Then we went to Jene's house to borrow a wrap (but its too short for me).  From there we went to Heather's house to pick up the diapers she had repaired for me and visit.  After that we made a stop at Hilary's house to pick up some diapers I bought from her & then finally stopped at the pharmacy to drop off Luke's prescription.

Wednesday, Luke was super miserable so I wasn't able to go judge the Science Fair like I wanted to, so we just hung out at home.  Betti did babysit for an hour for me, which was awesome.  I got to run to the Post Office and Hardee's with no little boys.  I was okay with it, since they were both asleep.

Thursday Tim had to stay home from work again, so I could make an emergency trip to the dentist.  The filling he placed isn't working out & I need a root canal.  I am not looking forward to it, but I will be glad to not be in pain any more!

When I got home, I grabbed the boys and we drove all the way to the oceanfront for a playdate with Selena.

Yesterday, Friday the 20th, we hung out at home until it was time for our playdate at the Bounce House with Karen, Liz, and Hilary! We had fun!

Two crummy shots of Luke at the Bounce House...he just will NOT hold still. 

Today, Saturday 1/21, we hung out around the house all day. :)

Luke rocking his red FuzziBunz diaper. I am seriously loving the new colors in our diaper stash!

No comments: