Sunday, September 16, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge Days 22-30



Well, I failed again. I don't know why I bother trying to do blog challenges, I never manage to complete them!!

I figure I've got a few more days of summer left, lets see how many more of these posts I can bang out!

Day 22: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a teacher.  My 5th grade teacher "lied" to me, by not telling me when it was time for orchestra, causing me to miss a practice.  I was very upset that she basically punished me for using the restroom and didn't just tell me I missed the call to practice.  I vowed to be an honest teacher and to never lie to my students.  I did become a teacher, an honest one, but I didn't love working in the public school system, so I'm now just a stay-at-home-mom.

Day 23: Favorite blog post, written BEFORE this challenge?

This post about Luke as a newborn!

Day 24: Favorite eco-friendly thing to do?

Cloth diaper!!  I love my diapers, they are so cute & fun & functional.  I also love that we never "run out" of diapers...I just wash some more up! :)  I started cloth diapering when Carolynn was a baby, 5 years ago, because she always leaked out of disposables.  I've never looked back!

Day 25: Ideal day of me time?

Ahh, me time, I do miss it.  I'd sleep in, as long as I could.  Take a nice long bath, preferably with a glass of ice cold water and a good book.  Get dressed, tidy the house up, eat something sweet for breakfast.  Then I'd just want to relax and sew, read, or do some other craft.  I love the accomplishment of making things.  I never feel like I have the time to do the things I really enjoy doing.  I'd maybe get  massage or have my nails done.  If I was going all out, I'd get crab dip from a restaurant and snack on that while watching a girly chick-flick movie, before bed.

Day 26: What does your significant other do that makes your heart melt?

He's a pretty amazing dad.  Even when I'm upset with him for whatever reason, when he gets into "dad mode" and interacts with the boys, it makes me weak in the knees.  



Day 27: What's the best gift you've ever received? 

My kids.  I know, cheesy right? They truly are gifts though.  It took 13 months of trying for Lucas and then Vinnie was our little miracle baby.  I can't imagine my life without them in it.

Day 28: How do you do your laundry? Give us your laundry tips.

I SUCK at getting the laundry put away.  So, I could USE tips on that! I wash something every day.  Diapers get washed every other to every 3rd day.  I have a loooong routine for them.  Otherwise I sort the laundry into: towels, colors (dark/light if there are a lot), whites, wool.  Wool all gets hand washed.  I also have  a long routine for that.  

Day 29: Write a How-To Post--I'm going to have to come back to this one! 

Day 30: Post a photo of an outfit that is either your style, or you wish was your style.


Nursing Vinnie

This is pretty much how I dress--big flow-y loose shirt, A-line undershirt, jeans or jean shorts.

No comments: