Monday, January 10, 2011

Since Christmas

Hmm, what has happened since Christmas. I know I've been busy or I would have been blogging!

Dec. 26
We lazed around at home, it was nice.  I think we even did a mystery shop for dinner!

Dec. 27-30 I can't remember

Dec. 31
Tim had to go to the doctor in the morning for his cough.  I got my Ergo in the mail and tried it out.

That evening we went to Tom & Peggy's to celebrate for a little while with the family.  We were home and in bed by 10:30.

Jan. 1
I was sick.  Big time.  I spent most of the day in bed.  I ended up getting Dr. Morgan on the phone in the evening to call in a prescription for mastitis.

Jan. 2
We had church and I realized that the Ergo was what caused my mastitis.  So, that afternoon I sold it!

Jan. 3-5 I can't remember!

Jan. 6
Thursday Luke woke up hoarse.  He was cranky & fussy all throughout the day but I just figured he had a cold.  He wouldn't take a nap and I was getting quite frustrated with that.

Around 1:00, Rachel came over and took us for a LONG car ride.  Luke fell asleep after almost an hour in the car.  We grabbed some McDonald's for me, since I hadn't eaten at all and then headed home.  Luke, of course, woke up when I carried him in the house. :(

After Rachel left, Luke and I puttered around getting ready to go out.  Luke was going to Mandy's house to be babysat & Tim & I were going to Lowe's to do  our kitchen remodel.

After Lowe's Luke was still "good" so we went to Olive Garden for a dinner without the baby too!!  (Don't know how many of those we'll get before the new baby comes!)

When we got to Amanda's around 9, Luke was sound asleep snuggled up to Mandy.

By the time we got him loaded into the car, though, he was still asleep but had a cough.

I carried him in & he stayed asleep, so I went ahead to bed too.

It's a good thing I did, because at 1 am he woke up, with a fever of 103.9 and was coughing so hard he couldn't catch his breath.  After a quick check with my Mom & the pediatrician's hotline, we headed to CHKD at 1:30.  We got to the hospital around 2 and were taken straight back.

We were there until 5:45 am, Luke got a dose of steroids and a diagnosis of croup and an ear infection.  Fun times.

Jan. 7
We got about 3 hours of sleep before we had to get up and get moving.

I had my doctor's appointment at 1:00.

During the ultrasound the technician pointed out the baby & then Luke (who had been occupied with the iPod) said, "There it is!"  It was SO cute!

We saw the baby measuring at 7 weeks and 3 days and then we saw the babies heartbeat.  The other stuff from the ultrasound is pretty boring, but at least we know the baby is measuring right on track and that there is only ONE baby!

After that, Tim took Luke to the lobby because he was still so cranky & sick.  I ended up throwing up twice while we were at the appointment, so I got all kinds of special attention from my favorite nurse.

My morning sickness this round has been a LOT worse.  I've actually vomited on several occasions, where-as with Luke I never did get Dr. M gave me my zofran and did my full exam and got me out of there lickety split.

After the doctor's appointment, we rushed home so Tim could get some measurements in the kitchen and I could feed Luke some lunch.

Then we headed to Lowe's.  We had to finalize things with the cabinets and buy our new sink, range hood, faucet, and paint.  We chose Orange Canyon by Valspar.

From there, we headed to the pharmay to fill my Zofran & Luke's antibiotics.  That took over an hour & we still left without the medicines.

So, we ran to Wal-Mart and I stocked up on some groceries before we headed BACK to the pharmacy to try again on the prescriptions.

We finally got home and pretty much went straight to bed after that!

Jan. 8
Saturday morning was my first knitting class.  Tim dropped me off & then took Luke to Pembroke Mall to hang out.

I had a good time & best of all learned to knit & purl as well as a 2nd cast-on.  So, I'm well on my way to becoming a KNITTER!  Woot!

I think we just spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing at home.

Jan. 9
Yesterday we pretty much took it easy.  Tim went to church by himself, while Luke and I stayed home to pick up the house.

Frankie and then Mom & Dad came over.  Later Amanda and J.C. showed up too.  It was a good lazy day.

And now, some of the pictures I've taken since Christmas:

Being cute & looking SO TALL 

His cute face & showing off his salvaged longies!

With his diaper stash!

The current stash!

New Dave Ramsey envelopes

Playing with his Thomas

Showing off his big smile & his 2T Buzz jammies from Great Aunt Nunny & Uncle Bill 

Being cute & showing off his shirt from Auntie Mandy

Luke and Mandy snuggling the nights he babysat

Playtime with Pap & Daddy

And the 2nd thing I've sewn on my new wonder machine!  Longies for a sweet DS mama!

No comments: