Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Nov. 23 & 24
Tuesday and Wednesday pre-Thanksgiving were spent cleaning the house & getting things ready to take Grams to live with Mom & Dad.

Mandy came over on Tuesday night and we baked some cookies together.  I made a pot of sauce for dinner.  We pretty much did our thing around here and not a whole lot more.

When Tim got home from work on Wednesday we really started getting the car loaded & things packed.  Tim & Luke took a nap together so I could work without interruptions & that was good.

I think it was about 5:30 when we finally got the cars loaded and closer to 6 before we got McDonald's dinner & got on the road.  We borrowed Mandy's Envoy to get all of Grams' things loaded.

Our trip to Emporia was uneventful, Luke slept the whole way.  When we got there, we got all the stuff carried in & unloaded, I unpacked Grams some and we hung out a bit before bed.

Nov. 25
Mandy & JC drove out on Thursday morning to celebrate Thanksgiving with us.  Tim, Dad, and Frankie had to work on the ramp outside, because it was supposed to rain on the weekend & Dad didn't think they'd have time to finish it.

So, Mom, Mandy & I took turns working in the house, cooking dinner, cleaning, looking through ads and tending to Luke throughout the day, while Tim, Dad, and Frankie all worked outside.  Mom served turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and shrimp salad for dinner.  There were dinner rolls but Frankie dumped them on the floor.

Dessert was cookies (Chocolate Drops made by Mandy...mmm mmm good!)  and chocolate creme pie.

After dinner everybody got all stressed out & pissy, so Tim & I loaded the boy, the dogs, and our stuff and headed home.

Only we didn't go home.  We ended up going to Tom & Peggy's house.

Tim's brother, Loren, proposed to his girlfriend on Turkey Day, so we got to see them & the ring.  I looked through my ads some more & prepared to head out for the start of our "Black Friday" shopping.

Around 8:55, Luke and I headed to Toys R Us.  The line was wrapped all the way around the building (its a strip mall too!  Toys R Us, DSW Shoes, Office Max, Heavenly Ham, a skate shop and a couple other stores!)  and I was in the end!  About 9:30, they moved the line forward some so they could fit more people in, they also started passing out "tickets" for the hot ticket items.  We were there for books & Thomas the Train Early Engineers, so our items weren't "big tickets".

We got into Toys R Us at 10:10 and left at 11:00.  Luke was a TROOPER.  He was tired & hungry, but managed to nurse in the Mei Tai.

When we got to the car I called Tim and asked him to meet me at the Wal-Mart, so I could feed Luke.  We headed over there & I gathered up the things we were getting there (picture frames, pjs for Luke, and storage containers).  I settled Tim into the line around 11:40 and then Luke & I went to Tom & Peggy's.  I was expecting Luke to nurse & go to sleep, but instead he played!

Peggy picked Tim up at 12:30 and we relaxed for a bit before heading home around 1am.

We all went straight to bed when we got home.

Nov. 26 Black Friday
In rare form, we all slept in!  It was 8 am when Peggy called and woke us up! We took our time getting ready & getting packed up.

Around 10:30 we left the house.  We went to the Post Office to mail the diaper I made for FSOT on Diaperswappers.  (my first official SALE!) Then we hit the BF sale at JoAnn's fabric.  I bought 8 1/4 yards of fabric, 2 packs of Dylon, 2 skeins of wool yarn, and 2 spools of thread for $30!

When we left there we headed to Rack Room Shoes, but Tim didn't find any shoes he liked.

After that we hit the Macy's sale.  We had the $50 gift card from Aunt Dolly for Luke's birthday to spend!  The Melissa & Doug toys were all on sale, so we got 5 puzzles and the train, PLUS a pair of Carter's jeans & a long sleeve shirt!

From Macy's we went to JC Penny.  Tim got a new pair of sneakers there for an awesome price!

Finally, we ate some Taco Bell lunch before heading to Tom & Peggy's to rest for a bit.

We hung out there until 3:30 or 4 and then went home to meet up with Mom.  Mom was WAY late though, so it was like 6:30 before we headed to Emporia.

I had a pretty awful migraine by that time, so when we got there I went straight to bed.

Nov. 27 (Saturday)
Tim, Dad, and Frankie worked on the ramp all day.  Mom and I tended to Luke and went shopping at Wal-Mart.  I got Luke's picture taken with their Santa.  I also got him a fleece outfit for $5!  I can't remember what else I bought there but I spent $15.
We had hamburgers with gravy for dinner & then headed home late last night.  When we got in, we all vegged out in the bedroom on our computers (Luke watched Wiggles & Thomas in his high chair).
After Luke went to sleep, I got on my sewing machine & made a case for the iPad, so that it can hang up in the car to watch movies while driving.  I also ordered myself a new iPad hard back snap on cover with Amazon gift cards I'd gotten from Swagbucks!!

Nov. 28 (Sunday)
I skipped church to clean & re-organize the house.  We are supposed to be going to James & Missy's today, but that will depend on how sick sounding Luke is when he wakes up.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sounds like you guys had a nice Thanksgiving. You're brave to get out and about on Black Friday. I had to work during the sales, but got what I needed on my 3:30am lunch!