Monday, October 5, 2009

36 Week Check Up Update

Well, I'm still pregnant & planning on staying this way! Our ultrasound was fine, Luke was SOUND asleep & no amount of jiggling or poking was getting him to spread his legs. We really wanted to confirm gender!! Oh well. She said if they saw it at 20 weeks, it's still there & they're rarely wrong.


Luke was in the frank breech position. I felt him turn during the night. He's still a little wiggle worm! So, right now, he's facing my right front, his spine is along my left side. His butt is down & his feet & hands are up in my right abdomen. My doctor said, "Don't go into labor while he's breech...we don't do breech delivery, only c-section." Fun. So, we either get him to turn or delay going to the hospital until they'd have to let me birth him...or just suck it up & have the CS.

His head measured correctly at 35w6d and 36w0d....but....his belly, arms, and legs all measured behind. The farthest along any of those measured was 34 weeks and a few days. The lowest was 33 weeks and a day. I don't really know what those measurements mean or if there is anything to those numbers, but he definitely seemed small.

She said his estimated weight was 5 lbs. 6 oz. According to the internet at 36 weeks they should be about 5 lbs 9 oz to up to 6.5 lbs. So, he might be a little light.

I'm ok w/ him being a peanut. There was nothing at all wrong w/ his placenta or cord & his blood flow & heart were fine...so he's a-ok!

His heart rate was 154. My blood pressure was 110/80 (I think.) I forgot to ask Dr. M my fundal height.

I had "nothing going on" w/ my cervix...which OMG that HURT!!! It felt like he jammed his whole freaking fist up there!!

I also had my Group B Strep test today.

I also have GREAT news!! I gained 2 WHOLE pounds this past 2 weeks!! I knew we grew a lot this past 2 weeks & I thought I had gained some...so I was SO happy to see that I'm to 201.5 now! That's the MOST I've gained in between appointments the whole pregnancy! Yay!

So, overall, one of my better appointments.

Our next appointment is Tuesday afternoon. I'll be 37 week then!

After the doctor appointment, Tim and I went to Chic Fil A & I ate 9 nuggets & a whole thing of fries! I was starving! Now, Tim's gone to the grocery store & I have to get some housework done!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey Stephanie! I just wanted to let you know that Chloe was a breech baby. She "ruined" the whole vaginal delivery for me. Both my babies were -and all my babies will be- born via c-section. And from experience, it wasn't bad at all because both of them were planned... not an emergency situation. Believe me it's scary as hell thinking about it - but I'd do it again in a heartbeat! I didn't want the emergency situation because of the stress it puts on the baby. So as a 2X C-section-ier... the second that you see that baby you'll be so happy and overjoyed you won't remember anything else! Good luck, I hope Luke turns for you and you can have the delivery that you want! But even if he doesn't - let the doctor's earn their money! :o)

P.S. I look everyother day for updates! I'm getting excited for you - can't wait to meet your son!

Smellyann said...

Yay, I'm glad you're still pregnant!! I have a lot of knitting to do still! ;) Plenty of time for him to turn still, and you'll probably feel him head down and engage in a couple weeks if you're still carrying him. C-s is not the worst thing in the world, but it can be very disappointing when you have your heart set on a natural delivery. I know! At least he wouldn't have a cone head though! ;) Glad you gained and everything went well.