Monday, September 9, 2013

3 Year Old Preschool!

Tim and I have talked quite a bit about whether or not to send Luke to preschool.  Ultimately we decided that if we could afford it and found a school that would be a good fit for him and us, that we would go for it.

We didn't think we were going to be able to make it happen, until the Friday before Labor Day, so we got a very late start, but fortunately I was already pretty sure I knew where I wanted to send him.  This school came recommended by several friends and  has been in existence (and operating) for over 60 years.  It was also very affordable.

So, Tuesday morning Sept. 3, I made the arrangements for Luke to start Pre-K 3 on Thursday, September 5, 2013 at Churchland Baptist Church's Weekday Preschool.  We had MOPS on Tuesday & Vinnie stayed home with Tim.  Luke had a good time in the nursery care, but they are no longer sending our Moppets to the Central Christian Academy, so I'm glad we're putting him in preschool.

Click for Photo Source

After MOPS we had a ton of errands to run in Virginia Beach and ended up being gone until the early evening.

On Wednesday afternoon, we went to the school at dismissal time and met with his teacher, Mrs. Ratcliff and the director Mrs.Smith.  The boys and I got a tour of the school and all of the admissions paperwork.  Mrs. Ratcliff went over their class size, schedule, goals, and made the boys both feel welcome.

That evening I filled everything out and got Luke prepared for the big  day!  We also went to Awanas Family Fun Night at Central, where hopefully both boys will be doing Cubbies and Puggles.  They had jump-jumps and other fun stuff for the kids & I got to visit with some friends.

We had to head home early, before the informational meetings, so that I could babysit.

We had a bit of a rough time getting the kids to bed, since they were so excited by little Miss A, the 9 month old I was babysitting, but eventually all of the children were asleep.  Miss A kept me up quite a bit during the night, but we did manage to get some sleep early in the morning.

Tim worked from home and so at about 8:30 we set off to take Luke in for his first day of school.  Luke was very excited and ran right into his classroom.

After we dropped him off, we headed home to let Tim do some work.  Vinnie, Miss A, and her big brother T all fell asleep in the car so I road around and waited for them to wake up.  It ended up that they slept ALL THE WAY THROUGH Luke's preschool!  So, we picked Luke up and then headed to Miss A & T's house in Virginia Beach.

After we dropped them off, we had Chic Fil A for lunch and went to Luke's physical appointment.

No comments: