Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year! Welcome 2013!

So, I've been in a blogging rut for a while now and tried to make a couple come-backs and just couldn't.  I hate that!

But, it means I've been super busy doing my "real" job which is being an awesome fun mom to Luke & Vinnie!

Lately it means we've all had this monstrous seasonal flu that is going around kicking the whole world's butt.

I did spend some time last night to give my blog a facelift...  if you're reading this in a "reader" swing on over & check out the snazzy new purple layout! :)


39 Questions

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Started making an effort to "home-preschool" Luke.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't make any in 2012, so that's easy! I think I will make some for 2013!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep! My friend Liz, had her baby girl Katie Rose in October! My best-internet friend, Leslie, had her baby in October as well, sweet Sebastian.  A few of my other Nov. 09 Mamas also had babies and I've got lots of newbie pictures filling my Facebook newsfeed!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, fortunately this year we didn't lose anybody we love.

5. What countries did you visit?
None

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More money, energy, patience. <--same list="list" span="span">


7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb. 29, 2012--both boys had surgery---Luke for his ear tubes & Vinnie for his tongue tie.  They were done with Dr. Keyes and I will never have both kids in surgery at the same time again! 


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making a pretty awesome Christmas for the kids without spending a ton of money!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Spending more money than I'd like.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had my breast lump biopsied, my thyroid lump biopsied, and the entire family caught the flu on Th. 12/27, so unfortunately, yes, but we are on the mend and will be okay!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Vinnie's knit hoodie is my favorite thing I bought so far!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'll give that one to Vinnie.  He's such a sweet baby!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Let's not go there.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Regular bills and to spoil the boys

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Both boys' birthday parties, Vinnie's first & Luke's 3rd, and then of course Christmas!

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
I don't know that any song will remind me of this year. (stays the same--I don't listen to tunes)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. Happier or sadder? Happier!
II. Thinner or fatter? About the same!
III. Richer or poorer? About the same, thanks to tax increases and cost of insurance eating up Tim's raise & his bonus covering our medical expenses.


18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Slept!


19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Getting frustrated/tired with the kids....I get so little sleep, sometimes it hard not to lose my patience.


20. How will you be spending Christmas?
This year we did "Christmas Eve" in Emporia on the 22nd.  Then, on the 24th we went to Tom and Peggy's house to exchange gifts for a while.  On Christmas morning we were at home.  Peggy & Beth came over in the morning & then around 2:30 we headed to Emporia until the 27th.


21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Nah


22. How many one-night stands?
None.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
I don't have a favorite show, still watching whatever is available on Netflix.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I can honestly say I don't hate anybody.

25. What was the best book you read?
The Hunger Games trilogy


26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't really have one..

27. What did you want and get?
I wanted the new JD Robb books, I've bought one of them, so I guess I got that!

28. What did you want and not get?
Less debt.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't have a favorite movie right now!

20. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29 this year and we didn't do much to celebrate.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More sleep.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Lazy. Many days I didn't even get out of pjs!

33. What kept you sane?
My online friends!

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election...ugh what a mess!

36. Who did you miss?
My Grams

37. Who was the best new person you met?
My breastfeeding/AP friends!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Don't go to bed angry.  It leads to poor sleep & waking up to the problem.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Unforgettable, in every way."-Unforgettable by Nat King Cole

-----


Stolen from A-Priori Mommy

Best Event: both boys' birthday parties

Best Movie: Hunger Games

Best Over-Played Song: I don't know

Best Book: Hunger Games Trilogy

Best New-ity of 12: All the Imaginext & Wheelies toys!

Most Shocking News of 12: None really...

Events of 2012 in no particular order:
1. Luke got ear tubes put in
2. Vinnie got his tongue tie clipped
3. Later in the year Vinnie got his lip tie clipped
4. Our 6th anniversary
5. Vinnie's first birthday
6. The breast lump drama
7. The swollen thyroid drama
8. Luke's third birthday
9. An awesome Christmas
10. Family flu

Our New Years Eve Celebration
Homemade Pizza--even for Vinnie!  




Then we had homemade donuts & ice cream cones! :) 

Vinnie went to bed about 8:30 and Luke passed out around 9:45!

Daddy & I were in bed by 10:30.



The boys, Daddy, and I spent the first day of 2013 at home, playing with all their new toys and getting caught up on laundry & dishes.  Vinnie and I did run out to Food Lion for a few groceries.  


I'm looking forward to a new year and all that it brings for our family!

My resolutions for 2013:

-Save more, spend less.
-Have more patience with the boys.
-Get more sleep.  Do this by getting Vinnie to sleep in his bed & eventually night wean (closer to his birthday).
-Get the house organized section by section and room by room. 

No comments: