Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Update Time!

Would you like an update on us?  OK...I'll give you a quick one!

Luke is a month old!  Can you believe it?  It's still shocking to me!!

Today, my darling child, breastfed exclusively ALL day!  (He did have a 1/2 oz. from a bottle this morning & at about 1:30....but other than that, he's nursed for all of his meals!)

I'm so excited!  I'm so happy! I'm so thankful for all the people who've encouraged me, supported me, helped me, and truly made this possible!

He's growing like a weed, we already have a pile of outgrown clothing!  His diapers are all fitting better & we'll soon have a pile of outgrown diapers too.

Today, we left the house for the first time, by ourselves!  It was great.  I had a good night's sleep & Luke was feeling well, so out we went.

We went to the Post Office, McDonald's drive through, Petsmart, Old Navy, Babies R Us (our first nursing pitstop), Aunt Dolly's house (she wasn't home), the bank, Girl Scout Council (another nursing stop), 7-11, and Food Lion (where we nursed in the back seat of the car).  We were gone from 12:15-5:30!!

Yay us!

He's sleeping now & I need to shower before he wants my boobs again!  (I'd also like to try to pump some milk too....we'll see how that goes after all the work they've done today!)

I feel good & my c-section wound is healing nicely.

Tim is still up in the air over the CACI/CBN job situation.  Please pray that ONE of the two works out by Jan. 1, 2010!  

1 comment:

Smellyann said...

I can't believe you let that baby turn a month old already. What is wrong with you? Keep him little! ;)

Good luck with the job situation. I know it's nerve-wracking. (I come wracking isn't a word anywhere else? Like sex-wracking or something?)

He's so cute, that Luke! ♥