Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sunday Update Week 9 & 10

Week 9 Continued
Thurs. Dec. 17 & Fri. Dec. 18 <--I can't remember & don't have anything on DS.

Sat. Dec. 19- We got out of the house and went to Toys R Us in Virginia Beach.  We got Trevor a truck for Christmas, then we went to church.  Tim and I were the liturgists at church.   After church we went to Lynnhaven Mall and looked around.  Then we went over to Tom and Peggy's house for dinner.  Peggy made chili and it was pretty good.  We were there pretty late.

Sun. Dec. 20
We didn't get out of the house until about 1 o clock.  We went to Target and got a gift card for James and Missy.  Then we went to Amanda's house so I could make a cookie tray.  We had a great afternoon with James and Missy.  We stayed a bit longer than we wanted to, but we had to take care of Luke & he wasn't feeling well.  They got Luke a moose--Mortimer, toy and he absolutely LOVES it!  They also gave us a $25 gift card to Babies R Us.

Week 10 
Mon. Dec. 21
Monday was a long day.  We got up and out to head to Luke's 11 am doctor's appointment.  We were running late & I called to let them know it would be 15 minutes before I got there.  They said it was fine.  Well, when we got there, they said they couldn't/wouldn't see me.  I was pissed.  So, I rescheduled his appointment for 2:30.  Then, Chrissy, Carolynn, and I met Mandy at Subway for lunch.  We got a yummy lunch & visited with Amanda for about an hour.  Then it was time to head home so Chrissy could pick up some stuff & then to Tyler's school to get him for his 2:00 counselling appointment.  I dropped he & Chrissy off at their appointment & then raced back to Suffolk for Luke's.
Luke's 2 month check up went well.  He weighed 10 lbs exactly.  Which is still the 50th percentile.  He was 23 inches long, which is still the 25th percentile.  His head was 14 inches around.  He got 2 shots & one oral vaccination.  He did cry but was a trooper, still.  The doctor said everything is normal & he's developing right on track.  The only concern we still have are his toes on his right foot.  They are scrunched up & two of them overlap.  She said there's really nothing we can do until he is 6 months old & then normally the first course of action is to "wait & see" how it does when he starts to walk.  So, Tim and I discussed it & we think that is our plan too!
After his appointment I nursed him for 15 minutes in the waiting room & then headed to pick up Tony & Chrissy.  When I got them we went to Barnes & Noble so Chrissy could exchange Brianna's birthday present.  After that we headed over to Hair Cuttery so Chrissy & Carolynn could get hair cuts.  Carolynn had attacked her hair one day last week and we got her a cute little bob to fix it.
When we got home it was time to immediately head to Tom & Peggy's house for their Christmas celebration. We had over baked chicken, rice, and corn for dinner.
Beth's surprise was a cast of Luke's fist & his foot prints.  Loren gave Luke patagonia mittens and booties.  He also gave him a mouseworks fleece hat.  It's too cute! He also said he was going to get a new/refurbished refrigerator after his next cruise!  How cool is that!  Tom and Peggy gave me a bunch of scrapbooking stuff.  They gave Tim a check for $50.  They got Luke an outfit.  They also got Luke 4 Matchbox cars.  Beth got Luke a Carter's "My Aunt Rocks" onesie & black pants.  We also got a keepsake set with a growth chart, hand print kit and more.  It was a good Christmas over there.
We stayed until after 10 and brought Loren home with us.  We all went straight to bed when we got home.

Tues. Dec. 22
I spent the majority of the day taking care of Chrissy.  First we took Tyler to school, then we stopped at 7-11.  After that we went to Wal-Mart, Virginia Beach Court House, DMV, Animal Jungle, McDonald's, Tom & Peggys, Chesapeake Court House, DMV, 7-11, and finally home.  Luke nursed about every hour all day.  When I got home he nursed at 4, 5, 6, and 7.  I was getting pretty frustrated & exhausted.  I managed to pass him off to Tyler so I could de-stress & talk to Melanie.  When Tim got home I ate my Hardee's and started cleaning up the kitchen while making pizzas for them to eat.
We're heading to bed as soon as I get the bed cleared off.

Wed. Dec. 23
All I remember is we celebrated Christmas with Chrissy's kids.

Thurs. Dec. 24
Tim stayed home from work but it was still after 2 before we left for PA.  We got to Mom Dad around 11:30.  Luke did pretty well on the drive up, but I did ride in back with him the whole way.

1 comment:

Smellyann said...

LOL Little behind, dude... maybe you should just fast-forward a month? ;)