Sunday, February 14, 2021

New Computer: New Posts!

Tim got me a fancy new computer!!  Technically, we have to share it for the time being, until he decides what he wants in a computer for himself, but still.  I can get it on it while he's working, which is HUGE! 

About 2 weeks ago, we started Lucas on Acellus Power Homeschool.  So far, we like the stability it is giving us & him.  I started him out with the Kindergarten lessons and he is testing his way through them to make sure we don't have any gaps in his knowledge. As soon as Tim sets the old computer up for the kids to use downstairs, Vinnie will start on it as well.  

We also started the kids in karate at a local dojo.  These are pictures I took of Lucas & Vinnie before they left this morning.  It was their first time wearing the gi to class.  Vinnie's fit straight out of the package, but I imagine Sulley will inherit it soon.  Lucas needed an adult size 4, so I had to hem the legs and arms to fit him appropriately.  They are both quite thrilled with their new hobby.  We are excited about the discipline and self-respect aspects of the class.  Sulley is participating as well, but he can't go right now because we are shielding before we fly back to Virginia later this month. The dojo we joined is a family focused center, run by a husband and wife sensei team.  They allow parents to participate with kids in the classes, as part of the kids' tuition!  Tim and I are planning to join as well.  I am sure I will take forever to earn a belt because I certainly cannot do a full push-up right now, but I think the exercise and the kids' seeing us do something will be a big benefit.  


In other news, I bleached my hair  & Tim pierced my ears!  That was an experience.  



No comments: