Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday--Fun Forest Grand Re-Opening

Friday, Luke & I did our thing around the house until about noon.  I was all set & ready to take us to Subway to get some lunch & he went and fell asleep on me! So, he took a nap & I snacked for a couple hours.

When he woke up, we went to Subway & got the lunch I was craving, but by then I couldn't eat!  Luke ate more of the 6" sub than I did!

After lunch, we headed to the Post Office & took care of some business there.  Then we were on our way home to grab a couple things before heading to the Fun Forest at Chesapeake City Park.

They won the Sears Green your Playground contest last year & were having their Grand Re-Opening ceremony after the arson last April.


 He wouldn't hold still long enough for me to take any good pictures, but here are a few!


I let him play for about an hour, until I couldn't hold my pee any longer!  We headed to the bathroom & then took our time heading to the van.


After we left the playground it was time to go to Garden Ridge & Wal-Mart.  We got Easter baskets & some groceries and a new ruler for me to use with my quilting.


Tim met us at Wal-Mart & then we headed to Shoney's for dinner.  Lucas and I shared the salad bar & Tim got a meal.  The food wasn't awful, but it wasn't very good, and the service was certainly lacking.

When we got home, we unloaded the groceries & Tim put together Luke's "new" Fisher-Price Spinning Speedway.  It's the replacement for the one he got for his birthday.  He is so excited that it works again!

They played with it for at least 45 minutes before bed!

No comments: