Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Years Blogging!

2010 Surveys



39 Questions


1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?

Celebrated a first birthday with my child, conceived a 2nd SURPRISE baby with NO medical assistance!

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any in 2010!  

This year's resolutions are: 
-have a healthy pregnancy & a healthy baby
-night train Luke so he'll go to sleep without boobie milk
-get Luke to eat solid food like a big boy, BEFORE the new baby comes
-learn to knit


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

I had a couple friends from the Gathering who had their babies this year!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Unfortunately, we lost Grandpa Goetsch in September.  I was VERY close to him, even though I barely knew him.  He was really the only "Grandpa" I ever got to know at all.  Both of mine died when I was young (one when I was about 5 and the other when I was 12).

5. What countries did you visit?

None

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

Well, obviously, the 2nd baby....more money, energy, patience.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Nov. 16, the first day of the cycle I conceived this little miracle.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Getting pregnant & all of Luke's milestones!

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not losing more weight before getting pregnant. :( (Don't even have to change this one.)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I'm currently recovering from case #4 or 5 of mastitis.   I also had a couple colds & broke my right index finger, although I never went to the doctor for it!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

I think my new sewing machine from Tim is my favorite thing we bought this year!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Tim's--for being such a great & supportive husband & dad! :) Not changing this one either!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Hmm..I don't know other than things I can't mention here... :/ Not changing this one either.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Food, electricity, gas, and Luke.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Luke learning to roll over, then to crawl, then to stand, then to walk (on Labor Day), then graduating physical therapy, then turning one, then eating solid foods, then eating a whole jar of baby food in 14 minutes without spitting, oh and the new baby!

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

I don't know that any song will remind me of this year. (stays the same--I don't listen to tunes)
Though if I HAD to pick ones, I'd pick anything by the Wiggles or Backyardigans!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. Happier or sadder? A million times happier, I have a beautiful son, a great husband, and a newbie on the way!
II. Thinner or fatter? About the same...maybe a touch heavier.
III. Richer or poorer? Richer! Tim got a little raise at the end of 2010!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Said no.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spoiling Luke.  No really. He's SPOILED ROTTEN.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
This year (2011), we will spend Christmas Eve with Tim's family and exchange gifts with them before bringing the babies home.  Christmas morning will be spent at our home just enjoying our babies.  We'll aim to be at Mom & Dad's around 2:00.  We'll probably spend the night there & drive home to relax on the 26th.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Nah, I was already in love with Tim & Luke!

22. How many one-night stands?
None.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Psych overall I think, but I enjoyed Cake Boss & Rescue Me this year too.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I can honestly say I don't hate anybody.

25. What was the best book you read?
The Twilight Saga

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't really have one..

27. What did you want and get?
A new sewing machine

28. What did you want and not get?
Less debt.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Toy Story is our household fave right now

20. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 right after we got back from celebrating Grandpa Goetsch's funeral.  My parents bought me jeans, shirts, and sneakers.  I can't even remember if Tim got me anything!

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More sleep.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Lazy. Many days I didn't even get out of pjs!

33. What kept you sane?
My husband and baby.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
None

36. Who did you miss?
My mom

37. Who was the best new person you met?
My breastfeeding/AP friends!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Sometimes you have to know which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Unforgettable, in every way."-Unforgettable by Nat King Cole

-----


Stolen from A-Priori Mommy

Best Event: Week long vacation in CO

Best Movie: Toy Story

Best Over-Played Song: I don't know

Best Book: The Twilight Saga

Best New-ity of 10: Getting pregnant!

Most Shocking News of 10: Getting pregnant!

Events of 2010 in no particular order:
1. Sold the truck
2. Luke learned to roll over (thanks to therapy)
3. Our fourth anniversary
4. Luke learned to stand/walk (thanks to therapy)
5. Grandpa Goetsch's passing & our 2nd trip to CO
6. Luke's First Birthday
7. Finding out I was pregnant



----

And the biggie-I tried to work on all year:

JANUARY 2010

1. Who did you kiss on new years?
Tim & Luke, though not at midnight, we went to bed early

2. Did you have a new year's resolution this year?
Nope, but I made some up above for 2011

3. Does it snow where you live?
Rarely

4. Do you like hot chocolate?
Yes, especially when I'm sick or cold.


FEBRUARY 2010

1. Who was your Valentine?
Tim of course

2. When you were little did you buy Valentine's for the whole class?
yes

3. Do you care if the groundhog sees its shadow or not?
nope & I couldn't tell you if it did or not!

4. What did you get for Valentines?
We left Luke with Mandy, it was our first time leaving him and we went to Red Lobster's and ate the FASTEST dinner ever!

MARCH 2010

1. Are you Irish?
Nope, Italian!

2. Do you wear green every year on St. Patrick's Day?
No, but I did have fun dressing Luke in his St. Pat's stuff!

3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day in 2010?
Dressed Luke up & took a million pictures because he learned to sit up that day!

4. Are you happy when winter is pretty much over?
Oh heck yes.

APRIL 2010

1. Do you like the rain?
No.

2. Did you play an April fool's joke on anyone this year?
No.

3. Do you get tons of candy on Easter?
No, we got stuff from Mom & Dad in Luke's basket but that was it.  

4. Do you "love" the month of April?
No, why would I?

MAY 2010

1. What is your favorite flower?
Daisies

2. Finish the phrase "April showers":
Bring May flowers?  is there another ending?

3. Do you celebrate May 24th:
No, what is it?

4. Is May anything special to you?
Nope.  

JUNE 2010

1. What did you do for Fathers Day?
Um, I'm not sure.

2. Did you do anything fun during this month?
Not that I recall

3. Have a favorite baseball team?
Nope

JULY 2010

1. What did you do on the 4th of July?
I honestly can't say....we had sparklers, but I don't think we did anything.

2. Did you go to the fireworks?
No.

3. Do you tan in the day?
Nope, we didn't go outside much.

AUGUST 2010

1. Did you do anything fun to end the summer?
We took a trip to CO from July 28-Aug. 4

2. What was your favorite memory of summer?
Our entire trip to CO and getting to know/love Grandpa Goetsch

3. Did you have a sunburn?
Nope

4. Did you go to the pool a lot?
Nope, like once or twice.

SEPTEMBER 2010

1. Were you attending school?
No.

2. Do you like fall better than summer?
No.

3. Anything special about September to you?
We lost Grandpa Goetsch & I turned 27

OCTOBER 2010

1. What was your last Halloween costume?
Nothing but we dressed Luke up as Charlie Brown & I made him a treat bag!

2. What is your favorite candy?
Reese's Peanut Butter BIG cups 

3. What is your favorite thing about this month?
Luke's birthday!! Oct 18

NOVEMBER 2010

1. Whose house do you go to for Thanksgiving?
2010 we went to Mom & Dad's, we spent the night the night before too.  Next year we'll be at Tom & Peggy's

2. What is your favorite thing about November?
Election day--how dorky is that

3. Do you wish on the wish bone?
Not since I was a little kid!

DECEMBER 2010

1. Do you celebrate Christmas? Yes!!!

2. What are you thankful for?
Luke & Tim & the new baby

3. Get anything special last year?
Tim surprised me with the Singer Curvy sewing machine & of course the new baby

4. What do you want this year?
a healthy baby

5. Where did you begin 2010?
In bed, asleep!

No comments: